Through our full range of innovative and reliable medical diagnostics, SYNLAB drives better healthcare outcomes for patients, practising doctors, and clinics.
- More than 450 laboratories in 36 countries globally
- More than 24,000 headcount, including 1,200 medical experts
- More than 500 million tests carried our every year for more than 100 million patients
- Advanced testing capabilities that support countries in the fight against the coronavirus
- Committed to reducing our emissions and being a carbon neutral business by 2025
- >50% of our laboratories accredited to the highest local quality standard
“Our continuous effort, collaborative mindset, and passion prove our medical leadership. I am extremely proud to be part of this outstanding organisation.”
Mathieu Floreani, CEO grupo SYNLAB
Our focused approach
In 2020, our management team worked with external consultants to complete a preliminary materiality assessment. This process guided us to reflect on our most significant ESG risks and opportunities from both SYNLAB and our stakeholders’ perspectives.
We consulted a variety of internal leaders to get a clear definition and prioritisation of these topics. We also looked to well-established sources such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to consider relevant external perspectives. In subsequent assessments, we will seek and incorporate more external stakeholder perspectives, building on our foundational assessment. Our Material ESG Topics are divided into 3 main areas: